What is this about?
True Value Manufacturing is upgrading their colorant systems to enable their customers to comply with new regulations on the content of VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) in their products. These changes are causing customers to have to adapt their equipment to accept new standards and allow for new capabilities that the low VOC colorant system requires. MatchRite customers that are running older versions of Color Designer may face limitations with regards to their systems functionality after the change over to the new colorants.
- Customers running version 7.x or older are not able to be updated to the new version of the True Value low VOC database.
- MatchRite version 10.x users can be updated to the new True Value colorants database with the following limitation:
- Color Designer version 10.x users will not have the ability to display 1/8th shots (1/384ths of an ounce) for formulas in the formula book.
What does this limitation mean to me?
- Customers running Color Designer version 7.x and older will no longer be able to use their color matching system to perform the following functions once the new colorants are installed:
- color matching
- formula book look-up
- fandeck matches
- Customers running Color Designer version 10.0 to 10.5 will be able to install the new database however these users will not be able to pull-up the 247 formulas in the new True Value formula book that use the new smaller increment (1/8th shot).
- ANY CUSTOMER that does not update their system to the new compatible version of Color Designer will receive a paper copy of the new True Value formula book.
What can I do to keep my color matching current?
MatchRite customers running version 10.0 to 10.5 have 2 options:
- Update to the latest version of Color Designer Plus for $495.00
- Be sure to check the System Requirements to ensure that your computer can handle the new Software.
- Keep your current version and use the paper formula book supplement to reference the 187 colors that use 1/8th shots.
MatchRite customers running versions 7.x an older Will need to: